Reflash PirateBox with auto_flash function
Since PirateBox 1.1 an additional tool is integrated: it takes care of a proper re-installation or upgrading, including flashing the device.
The usage is pretty simply, just follow these steps:
- Power off your PirateBox
- Take you USB stick to your computer
- Remove the old
- Copy over the expanded new
installfolder to your USB stick (take care the folders are not duplicate)
- Create a new folder called “
auto_flash” on the top level of the USB stick
- Copy the corresponding firmware image file to your device from stable.openwrt.piratebox.de into the
- Safely remove the USB stick from your computer
- Plug the USB stick to your PirateBox
- Power on your PirateBox
That will reflash the device automatically with the new image file. Then will do several reboots to install the needed packages.
The overall process may take up to 45 minutes. After that, you can follow the PirateBox 1.1 OpenWrt - Post installation Guide.